Sunday 30 October 2011

29 Oct 2011 - part II

Observations about BKK:

1)  This airport is busy, but well laid out.  I've been stuck in worse, for longer.
2)  There are rubbish bins all over the place, which makes a refreshing change from the binless, guilty-conscious UK public transportation system.
3)  The vegetarian spring rolls at the Chinese restaurant on the second floor are a steal at 69 Baht and they are FAB!  I kept the chopsticks, they are so reusable.  I wish I had room to keep the plastic container as well.
4)  Emirates stewardesses are consistently the most glamorous of all.  I daren't be seen on the same continent as they - I wouldn't survive the comparison process.
5)  There are a lot of cleaning people here.  Those rubbish bins I was telling you about?  Just try and fill one.  The cleaners constantly empty them using large pairs of tongs.
6)  At night the girders overhead are lit up with blue lights, and the effect is very nice.
7)  My ass hurts from all this sitting.  Come on 11:35!


These guys are standing at the end of each row of check-in desks:


No comments:

Post a Comment