Monday 3 October 2011

Chetawan Health School


30.09.11:  I’m here!  I’m in room 106 and have taken pictures, will post them as soon as the internet is working again.  It’s been off since 8pm tonight (just in time for me to show up, uncannily).

After 18 hours of airports and airplanes and two really horrific airline version curries, I’m exhausted.  Two things have made me cross:  one of my security locks was missing from the green suitcase and DTAC at the airport were out of data SIMs.  Grr!

I’ve met some people.  Kai and Brian Spooner.  They are FAB!  Kai is from Thailand, Brian is from the UK.  They manage a small restaurant in Great Yarmouth for the tourist season and come back to Thailand for the other 5 months of the year.    We will be hooking up later on, once I’ve found my feet here. 

I can’t wait to see what Salaya looks like in the daylight.  One thing I noticed while being driven from the airport was that Toyota have got this place locked up tight!  Everything’s Toyota.  Pete would love the big Toyota vans – they are the same size as a long Transporter but aren’t used for work.  They are people movers and have loads of chrome, curtains, and shiny paint jobs.  I wanted to get pictures but my camera lens was so fogged up I couldn’t do anything.

Here are some pics of my room:






1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I tried posting, but for some reason it did not show up! If both come through, then you will be seeing double!!! I am glad you arrived without major incident (aside from the curry...). I completely understand how it can be exciting getting bombarded by all the new and interesting sights. Hope you take lots of pictures so you can bring the memories home, and also share them. The way you describe the way people and garbage and rice paddies with birds all fill your vision, makes me want to see them for myself. I have been taking lots of pictures lately, developing a passion for photography, and it is exciting to see how it translates when printed. Now that your blog is up and running, I will try to check up on you at least every other day. Talk to you soon.
    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete