Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oct 28, 2011

We've just been told that the water is coming.  It will be here tomorrow, the next day at the latest.  The school is surrounded by a solid wall.  The only way for water to come in is from the driveway at the front, and there is a big pile of sandbags sitting there at the ready.  The school admin people have assured us that everything will be fine, there's enough food, water etc here to cover the emergency.  We are on higher ground anyway, and there are machines in place to pump the water out.  I'm not too worried, it's not like there's a flash flood coming down from the Rockies or something.  Whatever happens, we'll cope.  If it gets too-too we'll peace out.  The important thing is to not worry.  Those of you that know me know that I won't put up with too much of this shit before I bail - my instinct for self preservation is well developed and working overtime.

I have to go into Salaya.  I have no choice, it's the day for my third rabies vaccination.  I'll take my camera and try to get some good pics of the situation on the ground.  We'll be riding the blue bus in and out of town, it's a big old thing and cuts through the water just fine.

Stay cool, I'll update you as soon as I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment