Sunday 30 October 2011

30 Oct, 2011 Returning to the Motherland

Manila.  4:10 am.  I've lost an hour, but no big thing.  It means I have only a couple of hours to go before my next flight leaves.  So, after going through Immigrations and then through Customs (separate forms - do not make my mistake and only fill out the one they give you on the plane, do the one they hand you as you are leaving the plane as well), three scans of my bags, two perfunctory searches and a 200 peso domestic passenger terminal fee I'm in.

The main terminal area is humming, even at 4am.  Most of the people are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as well, and are having an excellent time.  Every eating place that is open is serving sweet stuff - doughnuts and cakes abound.

I want to find a place to do some stretching, but I don't think that's going to happen.  I've noted a Catholic prayer room (pray silently please) and a smoking room, but so far nothing for Muslims, which confuses me a little.  There are more Muslims in PI than Christians.  I shall do a little more exploring when my phone is charged up - I need to change money and get a SIM card if possible, and find some toothpaste before I go mad from having gungie teeth.  My toothpaste tube was too big to bring on my carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment