Saturday 15 October 2011

Learning to Massage

So far we have learned a two hour relaxing massage routine, with 90-minute, 60-minute and 30-minute variations.  The different steps have sunk into my head at last, and all I need to do now is practice until they settle into place.  Today I massaged one of our teachers for the first time and he only had to make minor corrections to my pressure point positions.  He told me I did good.  This means something because he only says about 10 words a day.  He's an awesome teacher, and I like him very much.

We also learned a one-hour massage routine for a tension-type headache.  This is good stuff, it centers around the trapezius, rhomboids and the cranium and I can't wait to give it a try.

We are starting to get a little tired, need some down time.  I was counting on having Sundays off to recharge and assimilate.  No such luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment